My Common Lisp and Debian blog. For more off topic rants and stuff please see my livejournal blog.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

links

People asked for links about my previous post.
Please note these links are just part of a discussion, but the general trend seems set and until there is an "official" policy on this that is all there is to go on.


Finally debian installer was getting hardware aware enough to "just work", with pride I could point people to the test releases and hear they would see all the hardware. What are we going to say to people come next release?
"You cannot install if you have an USB ADSL modem because we don't have the source."
"I don't need the source, I just need to load the firmware"
"Without the source the system is not pure, we don't support non-pure systems"
"But that is the only system they sell here"
"We are the guardians of pureness, nothing can exist that is not pure"
"Your DNA is not readable by me, it is not a preferred form for modification"
"Oh, I'll just pop out and kill myself"


This seems to have become a rather long post. Sorry for that.

No comments: